As you can see, I don't really know how to blog yet. I figured out how to upload some pictures from my camera card, but then I couldn't remember what I put in the last blog entry so I went back to check that. Then I couldn't get back to the page to comment about the pictures. So now I'm posting a new entry.
After a delicious Christmas dinner primarily prepared by Chef Adam, we headed north AGAIN! Getting to the freeway was a lot better since it was 36 degrees with rain and snow mixed. Once we got to the freeway, we were committed so we "white knuckled" it for the next 4-5 hours. Actually I was calm enough because Steve is such a good driver, but it was slow going and in order to be an extra set of eyes, I was not tempted to doze as usual.
Due to the storms, Steve had to make 2 trips to take Heather and Aaron to the airport. They had quite the day of it, but that's their story. We played witht the kids, Dawson The Dog, and were joined by Taylor and Jen on the 26th. They two had a slow ride north, but didn't let the weather stop them from having a good time. Steve spent a lot of time plowing the driveway with Aaron's new 4-wheeler and blade. Everyone played in the snow and got pulled behind on the sled except for Elsie and I. We kept things going inside where it was cozy.
Unfortunately the 24-hr stomach flu made an arrival and settled in on Jantzen and Tanner on the afternoon of the 26th. By the 27th, they were feeling fine but Brinley was miserable. We were sad that Brinley spent most of her birthday in bed and in the bathroom! It's a good thing she had celebrated early as it may be a memorable birthday but definitely not a fun one.
I did tons of washing and cleaning and the kids kept spraying everything with Lysol and using hand sanitizer so we were able to turn the household over to Janene on Sunday afternoon with everyone feeling better and things looking up. Our trip back home found us with some snow and ice but it was a significant improvement from our trip north. Even in our little condo, it is good to be home.
We are back at work this a.m. The plan is to get one more house closed yet in 2008!
2 comments:
Thanks again for all of your help with the kids! Glad you survived the adventure and made it home safely. Welcome to the world of blogging!
Glad that you had a great Christmas with your family. How fun that Taylor and Jen also went up to R. too.
Post a Comment