2009 will certainly be a memorable year for our country with its challenges. Every time I read the Book of Mormon I almost feel like I'm reading a current news report. Corruption can be seen at all levels. But for today, I want to focus on our blessings. I want to thank my benevolent and loving Heavenly Father for the beauties that surround me every day and I want to acknowledge His tender mercies in my life.
I'm thankful ....
For 16 adorable, intelligent, healthy grandchildren
That their parents have all been sealed in the temple with the opportunity to be Forever Families
That my children are striving to keep their temple covenants and live righteous, honorable lives
For my wonderful children and their incredible spouses
For Temples and the ordinances performed therein
That Tanner was ordained a deacon and Britton was baptized
That Steve still has a job
That we are healthy and energetic
I've had the opportunity to assist many families with their real estate needs throughout the year
That Steve and I have been able to travel and visit all of our children & grandchildren this
year
We live in a warm, comfortable home surrounded by nice neighbors
I'm still learning new things and I'm able to implement some of them--ie texting, blogging
I have a thoughtful, hardworking husband who is a terrific father and grandfather and I'm
especially grateful that he honors his Priesthood and uses it to bless our family
That I can hear music, see the beauties of nature, and read the wisdom of others
For Dad and Ann and their relatively good health
For my brothers and sisters who do much to enrich my life
For friends who encourage and support me
For the gospel of Jesus Christ and the gift of the atonement
For a living prophet, for the scriptures and counsel of former prophets
For the peace, comfort and guidance of the Holy Spirit
For our exceptional students in our Sunday School class
That I can walk on the treadmill and out in the sunshine on nicer days
For yummy food--you know I love food
That I'm an American citizen - May God bless America
No comments:
Post a Comment