Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorable ( Memorial) Weekend!

A visit from the Idaho grandkids is usually exciting. Here they join Jen and Will for a skype visit with Taylor in China.Quinn is standing by himself more often all the time and for some reason he loves checking out the garbage can. I guess it's just the right height.
While I was in charge of the kids, we made 2 visits to the "castle park" and one to the Heritage State Park. Anna loved the red swing.
But Elsie was almost obsessed with it. It took her a little time to get the courage to sit in it and then she didn't want to leave it. She was sad when other children wanted a turn.
The older kids loved the tire swing and really got it going.

It was chilly on Saturday and rain threatened occasionally but that kept the crowds down so we were really able to enjoy the Heritage Park.
The tee pees and hogans hopefully help the kids appreciate the comforts of their own home and their own bedrooms.

The miniature village was definitely a favorite.
Jantzen loved the baby animals and was so pleased that he caught this duckling by himself.
Here Tanner and Anna dipped candles. Brinley and Jantzen liked this experience too. Elsie and Quinn were often in the stroller together which really helped me out.

1 comment:

Tiffany Salter said...

I can't believe how big Heather's kids are getting. I guess when you don't see them that often, the growth is really obvious!