Saturday, December 31, 2011
Other Christmas Events
I got a chance to ride Trax with Hilary, Adam, Britton, Jenna and Korinne to see the lights and sights on Temple Square.
We spent Christmas Eve with Hilary's family where we baked Christmas cookies, ate our traditional Reuben sandwiches, read the Christmas story, sang carols and read other Christmas stories. It was a perfect Christmas Eve. They actually had some snow on their grass so we were able to have a real "white" Christmas.
When I opened the sugar bin to get sugar for the cookies, I saw this. I was told that Korinne has been known to sneak a "spoonful of sugar" now and then.
Christmas morning was delightful! The kids were excited with their gifts.
The funniest sight to see was Hilary's handiwork. Don't Steve and Adam look warm in their bearded beanies? Hilary makes these personalized stocking caps. These are some of her finest. I think that Steve was inspired by his new hat. He hasn't shaved since.
After opening presents and eating Christmas breakfast ring, we headed south so I could sing with the ward choir in church. Then we grabbed our bags and headed to the airport. We arrived in S. Carolina on Christmas night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment