Sunday, June 26, 2016

Mother's Day!

 I always feel so blessed when I use the days leading up to Mother's Day to reflect on my many blessings.  I am grateful for a wonderful mother, Aloha; step mother, Ann; and mother-in-law, June; and grandmothers, Lillian and Annie.  These women have had a profound impact on my life and truly set an example of service, faith in the Lord, love for family and hard work. I also enjoy focusing on my children, their spouses and my grandchildren and pondering their many fine attributes, talents and characteristics during the process of writing my letters.   All in all, I always conclude that I am richly blessed.
 This past Mother's Day was a little different.  Because Adam didn't have his usual meetings, we had lunch before church instead of dinner after church.  I was happy we could do that since Steve and I had to leave directly after I taught my primary class to drive to Grand Junction, CO.  He had a training session to teach starting at 9 a.m. on Monday morning.  The weather wasn't conducive to flying in the company plane as originally planned so I decided to ride with him on the 6+ hour drive.


 Hilary's family made a candy bar card for me that was very cute and so appreciated.  I also treasured the other cards, FaceTime events and phone calls from our children and grandchildren scattered around the globe.  I hope you all had fun spending your big $1 on your own candy bar.

Here is a photo someone took of Steve teaching the group about the equipment.  Fortunately the weather cooperated for the outdoor session.  I worked and read in the hotel room until he finished and then we turned around and drove back to SL.  We had two more days to prepare for our trip to PA for Thomas's baptism.

No comments: