Sunday, October 2, 2016

After the jet lag...

We struggled with jet lag after we arrived home from China.  I had a couple of work appointments and we needed to get both of our yards back in shape.  We have picked a lot of produce and shared when we could.  When we heard Heather and Aaron were painting their "big", and it is big, house, we decided to drive to ID and see if we could help out.  We arrived on Friday afternoon and sat in Aaron's truck to watch Jantzen and his team play soccer in the pouring rain.  Brhhh!
Fortunately Saturday morning wasn't raining so we started to work.  Aaron had a lot of frustration with a bucket he had rented that was leaking gas.  Fortunately, Steve and Aaron figured out the problem before there was any serious accident.  Aaron reserved the bucket for another day, and we all just worked as hard as we could while the weather was cooperating.

Everyone did what they could.  Heather was patiently teaching us all how to paint correctly.






 Since the sun was shining and the wind WASN'T blowing, we opted to keep painting and watch the women's session of conference after dark.  I was able to make a quick vegetable pasta dish for dinner while Aaron connect the computer to the TV to scream the program.  It was kind of nice to watch it at home in our work clothes this time.  The girls still requested their treat which Heather was willing to drive them to.  I stayed back at the house and took a nice, hot bath.  It felt so good.


 We left early Sunday morning so I could get back in time for choir practice and to teach my primary class.  This is how their beautiful half-painted house look in the early sunlight.  It is still very pretty.
This beautiful scenery with the snow capped mountains greeted us as we entered CV.  We really love the beauty of this place.
Monday I had to drive to SL for a work appointment.  Steve stayed in CV to train someone on a new piece of equipment.  I also needed to organize and deliver our ward's contribution to the Zimbabwe saints this year.  Last year we did new born kits.  This year we did missionary suitcases and gathered clothes and shoes for missionaries.  Here is the container yard I delivered the items to.  They hope to completely fill this container by the end of October.  I hope they make it.  
I'm always happy to finish our part of the project.
I drove back up to CV that afternoon and we were able to attend Britton's cross country regional meet.  It as a warm afternoon and lots of runners were attacking the hill.  Fortunately Britton's high school took first place.  The brutal hills they train on helped I'm sure.  Unfortunately, Steve tore or pulled a muscle severely crossing the above pictured ditch and he was literally down on the ground to avoid passing out.  We got him in the car and he had to watch the meet from there.  Then it was back home to ice, Tylenol and a wrap.  It will take some time to completely heal, but we are grateful for the blessing Adam and our neighbor gave him and grateful it wasn't worse.  For a couple of days, we really made him rest and pamper his leg.  He is gradually doing more each day.


Hilary, Jenna and Korinne allowed me to tag along that evening to pick raspberries.  It is a big patch and we were required to pick the entire patch so we hustled to finish before dark.

We love the raspberry jam and the custard I made.  So yummy!
One of our tomato plants has big tomatoes.  Here is the biggest one I have picked so far this season.
I was able to attend the Logan temple early on Friday morning.  It is so beautiful and I truly love the grounds this time of year.


I also love these doors that I can imagine my ancestors used before the annex entrance was added.
Friday night our neighbors invited us to a BBQ in their back yard.  They invited quite a few families. Steve is so nice and friendly with the neighbors that they invited us even though we are about twice their age.  It was a fun evening and the food was delish!  Picture above is one of our hosts, Lacie, with her little girl.  She is a busy multi-talented gal with a young family.  She also serves as our ward R.S. president!

No comments: