We flew to Myrtle Beach directly after our Transatlantic cruise ended in Fort Lauderdale on November 18 and arrived just in time to enjoy their autumn season. We enjoyed our walks through the neighborhood and on the beach. The weather was cool but pleasant.
Every morning I was privileged to join Liberty as she taught her delightful, invigorating fitness classes. I would definitely be in better shape if I attended similar classes at home, but I doubt it would be nearly as much fun. She is an amazing fitness instructor!
Sunrises and sunsets are beautiful in SC. I took this photo just after we arrived for fitness class at 5:45 one morning.
We enjoyed hanging out with the kids after school each day and played more games with Xander and Sadie than we have ever played in our lives. Even Steve succumbed to Xander's persuasive requests.
Brief trips to Costco and the beach were included in our routine. We even managed to squeeze in a matinee movie with Jeff and Liberty one day and really enjoyed Ford vs. Ferrari.
On Friday night we all attended the show and dinner at the Medieval Times live theatre.
Since it was prior to the start of the Christmas season, the attendance was small. Our "red" section included one other family and us so we really had to cheer for our jousting knight.
Benson took a selfie with our knight and then we ended up with more of a group shot.
We had a fun evening enjoying the entertainment together. Most of us won flowers, but Sadie was chosen as the heroine of the evening. She's was the big winner!
Saturday morning we all went to the beach to walk, enjoy the sound of the waves and give the "shark teeth" specialists a chance to find more teeth. Sadie, Xander and Jeff are excellent at spotting the teeth and their collection is impressive.
We ran into one of their family friends who willingly snapped this photo of our group.
A stop at The Donut Man seemed appropriate after our walk on the beach. No one turned down the chocolate cake donuts with chocolate frosting.
A final hug from each beloved grandchild and a pose in Benson's Make America Great and Keep America Great hats was essential.
It's always hard for me to get dropped off at the airport and say those final goodbyes when it's time to leave MB. We love these kids and grandkids!
I was honored that Benson even participated in this hug which was special for me!
Once again, the sunset was spectacular. I was happy to have a window seat.










































No comments:
Post a Comment