Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Steve's Longest Month!

 Our month of January has been a long one for Steve as it has mostly been filled with physical therapy appointments, snowstorms and cloudy skies.  His painful spots have moved around throughout his body, but due to his diligent work efforts and prayers, he is healing nicely and on schedule.  He did expect to feel better more quickly though so his patience has been stretched.
 One of the few sunny days this month, our friend Dale Smith came to CV to trim all of our trees.  He brought Cynthia and we shared lunch together and had a pleasant day.
 Later that week, we had the opportunity to watch AJ a couple of times while Hilary was in California with Jameson and some of Heather's family.  Below he was pretending to be like grandpa with his heating pad.

It seems like it has snowed almost every other day this month.  I have taken a few pictures so we can remember what it has been like.
 There have been a few humorous events including this time when I couldn't get the salt container open.  I brought Steve his pliers and he opened it for me while he was resting in bed with his ice pack.
On Wednesday the 15th, we gave ourselves the gift of driving to SL to have lunch with our mission friends, the Briggs.  Dave had just gotten off from his scooter after two months.  He had ankle surgery in November.
 There was some sunshine and it didn't snow so Steve was comfortable with his walker.  It was a real pick-me-up to have an outing and visit with friends.  After lunch, Steve had a good nap while I did errands.  That evening we attended a post holiday social/dinner with my broker network group.  Miriam is a big admirer of Steve, so she gladly posed for a photo.  It was a fun evening and we stayed overnight at our Murray place and drove back the next morning so as not to make the drive back and forth all in one day.
 With more snow storms, I was able to practice a new technique that our neighbor has perfected--shoveling with two shovels at once.
 One day, Steve sent a texted update to his regular physician's assistant.  He got this cartooned reply.  I loved it so much, that I sent it out to a lot of friends.  It was a good way to re-connect.
Friday night, Tanner drove to CV to attend a brunch at the university.  They invited their prospective master's candidates.  I think it went well for him and it was fun to see him.
Steve keeps diligently walking around the house and exercising.
 On Saturday, I joined Hilary and Adam for Jameson's Jr. Jazz bball game.  He does a pretty good job on the court.  He made the first basket of the game.
Sunday evening after dinner, the boys were excited to be able to watch one of the football final games to see who will play in the superbowl.  Finding it on our TV was a fun surprise!
 On MLK Day, I joined with Hilary's family to do some painting in bedrooms prior to having lots of Campbell family visitors staying at their home for Jameson's upcoming baptism.  We got two bedrooms painted.  I did edging.  It looked nice and fresh when we finished.


 Steve had his first follow-up doctor's appointment on Jan. 21, Heather's birthday!  We celebrated her milestone and the fact that Steve's x-rays looked good and that he was able to put on his own socks.  Hooray!  Everything is healing on schedule and the doctor is very pleased.
 The best news for Steve was that he was allowed to remove one of his compression socks.  The other one comes off in a week.
 Tiffany and Abigail arrived the afternoon of the 20th.  I drove down to the airport to pick them up.  Snow came that night so Abigail was really excited.  She loves the snow.

 They helped with the shoveling.  We mostly hung around the CV house and helped make some preparations for Jameson's baptism and luncheon afterwards.  We did squeeze in one movie, Dr. Doolittle, and lupper at one of Tif's favorite Greek restaurants in Murray.
 Thusday on our drive to SL, we stopped at Weber State University for Tif to take care of some stuff for her home school conference in May.  We took advantage of clear sidewalks to do some outdoor walking.  That was great to get out of the house to walk for the first time.

 We also made stops at Cavanaugh's Candy factory and Sweet's to look for sugar free treats.
 Late that afternoon Tiffany and I both had appointments with our favorite hairdresser, Jana.
 She always makes us look so nice for a day or two.  We love Jana and our new hairstyles.
 After that we went to my bookclub.  It was fun!  Steve was eager to get back to CV before the next storm, so I drove us back that night.  That was the day we ate at the Greek place.  Steve really enjoyed getting out but he paid for it the next day and was very tired.
I took Abigail with me to do some touch up on Campbell's walls with q-tips.  She did a great job locating spots and helping me fill them.
 Abigail is really good with AJ and he loves her to pieces.  He came over often to see her.
 Friday night, Heather and Aaron brought Quinn and Elsie to our house and then had a get-away to celebrate Heather's birthday.  I think it was good for Korinne, Elsie and Abigail to enjoy each other's company.  Jenna and Korinne both stayed at our house too and gave up their beds and rooms to Campbell visitors.


 Jameson's baptism on Saturday was very touching.  He had a room full of people to support him.  Hilary and Britton did a great job on the talks and Adam's confirmation and blessing were beautiful and touching.  It is nice that Jenna and Korinne were able to be the witnesses.

 We assisted Hilary to serve a nice lunch for everyone after the service.  There was a good representation from each side of the family to support Jameson.
 I took this wooden puzzle apart a few weeks ago and I have asked many people to assist me in putting it back together.  It has stumped everyone until Quinn came along and accomplished the task in less than 5 minutes.  He definitely has talents in putting things together, especially Legos.
 Sunday dinner was pretty easy as we mostly ate leftovers from Saturday.  Hooray for leftovers!
Here Steve is doing new, more challenging exercises at the physical therapy office.
Monday evening we hosted some of our missionary friends for dinner.  Since the Briggs traveled to Texas with us last year, they were able to see and visit with Tiffany and Abigail before the other guests arrived.


Our talented friend Ann Larsen made a set of Raggedy Ann & Andy dolls for each of gals and a loaf of warm homemade oatmeal bread for the guys!  The bread was out of this world good and the dolls are adorable!  I was really touched by her generosity and the time spent making this amazing gifts.
We treasure these special dolls and the missionary friendships we enjoy!








No comments: