Yesterday I looked everywhere for my large cooking pot so I could make an extra large batch of Sloppy Joe's. It wasn't anywhere in the kitchen and I couldn't remember taking it any place. Then I remembered. As soon as I opened the door to my "Outside Fridge", there it was--sitting on the back deck, covered in snow. It was about half full of the Christmas wassail. Steve is NOT drinking any of THAT wassail even though I checked it out and it's still good. You know how I like to check things out before I throw them away. It did have ice crystals but no significant fermentation. It could have been an excuse to have some innocent fun. Oh well he missed his chance.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
The Secret's Out!
Today after our stake conference, Steve and I stopped by the "old" house to pick up some mail. In visiting with the new owner, Kathy, I asked her if they had ever discovered the source of a slight odor they had in the basement. When they had called us about it, we couldn't think of anything in particular that would cause it except possibly the pea traps in the storage room had dried out. Anyway, they decided to have a carpet cleaner come in with a black light to see if there were any animal stains in the basement carpet. Voila! You guessed it. Our sweet little perfect Bose had left behind many remnants of his sneeky disobedience. We were really shocked since we thought Bose was perfect. Steve's nose didn't even detect it. I guess he was too used to it.
Yesterday I looked everywhere for my large cooking pot so I could make an extra large batch of Sloppy Joe's. It wasn't anywhere in the kitchen and I couldn't remember taking it any place. Then I remembered. As soon as I opened the door to my "Outside Fridge", there it was--sitting on the back deck, covered in snow. It was about half full of the Christmas wassail. Steve is NOT drinking any of THAT wassail even though I checked it out and it's still good. You know how I like to check things out before I throw them away. It did have ice crystals but no significant fermentation. It could have been an excuse to have some innocent fun. Oh well he missed his chance.
Yesterday I looked everywhere for my large cooking pot so I could make an extra large batch of Sloppy Joe's. It wasn't anywhere in the kitchen and I couldn't remember taking it any place. Then I remembered. As soon as I opened the door to my "Outside Fridge", there it was--sitting on the back deck, covered in snow. It was about half full of the Christmas wassail. Steve is NOT drinking any of THAT wassail even though I checked it out and it's still good. You know how I like to check things out before I throw them away. It did have ice crystals but no significant fermentation. It could have been an excuse to have some innocent fun. Oh well he missed his chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so surprised Dad didn't want to sample the wassail...ha! And naughty Bose.
Ew! That sums up how I feel about both of those topics. :-)
I am sure sweet little Bose wouldn't do that. It must have been some other dog that came in while you were out just trying to get poor Bose in trouble.
Post a Comment