Sunday, August 23, 2009

"No Safer Place"

Elder M. Russell Ballard said today in his address during the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication that there is "no safer place to be than in the temple." Each person who talked had such an amazing spirit in their message. I especially loved it when President Monson said that we have so many rooms in our house--rooms to sleep, rooms to eat, rooms to watch TV and recreate. He just hoped that we had "room" in our lives for the Savior Jesus Christ. His beautiful and poignant dedicatory prayer was read by President Eyring. Pres. Monson gave us his apostalic blessing and asked us to "touch the temple and permit the temple to touch us." This dedication service was a beautiful and uplifting experience. I felt so blessed to see and hear it! What a wonderful Sabbath Day this has been. I love the temple and I love to be in the Lord's house often. Being there with my family members is "THE BEST!"

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Thank you so much for sharing that. The last General Conference had talks about attending the temple,then in our Stake Conference every speaker in the Sunday session spoke on temple attendance, and the July Visiting teaching message was on temple attendance. I got the message and decided to try to attend once a week. I have noticed a HUGE change in my life. It is absolutely incredible.
Thanks

Jeff & Liberty said...

Glad to see you back to the blog. I thought we lost you there...

Lynsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.