When I called my Dad today to say thank you for his sacrifice and service, he said "Well, I didn't sacrifice much." He didn't serve on the battlefield but was a trainer for pilots. He thought he didn't sacrifice because he wasn't wounded or killed. However, he worked hard to earn his pilot's license and spent many months training others including quite a few months without any pay. He wanted to do whatever he could to serve our country and its citizens. To me that was sacrifice.
I hope and pray that we all think about and pray for those serving our country today and that we will do all we can to help stand up for righteous principles and our divinely inspired Constitution! In many ways my Dad is one of my heroes. For sure, he's my favorite Veteran!
2 comments:
Hey you don't have to be wounded or killed to sacrifice. I watched my friend Jennifer sacrifice all last year while her spouse was in Iraq. She sacrificed while he served there are lots of ways to serve. I love the pictures.
What a great picture of you and your dad! You look beautiful!
Post a Comment