Friday, January 1, 2010

You Won't Believe It!

But I've already achieved one of my most challenging goals for 2010. That's right. I cleaned and organized my office. I've worked on it for the past two days but it took me 7 months to get 2 days off to work on it. Steve has been working for about 4 days on the Good Neighbor and KKP taxes. He emailed them to the accountant today. Both of these tasks were a ton of work. Hooray for both of us! We feel pretty good about our accomplishments. I commented that I should have taken before and after pictures of the office so that you could appreciate the new look. Steve said not to worry. We can take another picture next week. Ha! Ha! I hope it will take longer than a week to mess it up that much.

Steve is very happy to get all of my plaques out of the box and up on the walls. He likes plaques and he was unhappy that some of them got scratched.
Now that the pictures and plaques are on the walls, he has a sense of satisfaction. We're finally getting settled.
With Taylor's help, we got each other a treadmill for Christmas. Here Steve demonstrates his walking technique. It gives me an excuse to watch my conservative talk hosts and it better put a stop to our expansion program (both the government's and mine).
About 7 a.m. on the 31st, the most gorgeous moon was setting on the western horizon. I was on my way to the temple but I turned back to get my camera. I really wanted to share it with all of you. It is the bright dot right in the middle but this picture is a flop. It was huge and bright and had a halo around it. They said it was a "blue moon" because it was the second time in a single month that there was a full moon. I'm sorry that I couldn't capture its magnificence.
Here is a picture I took of Quinn just before we left Idaho. I really get a kick out of the way he gets up on all fours like this.
Thanks to Brinley who played so beautifully on her violin for us just before we headed for home. She's really getting good and we just love to hear her play.

5 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

The office looks great! Good job! I must admit,I'm jealous of the treadmill. It would be pretty handy for me. Happy 2010!

Tiffany Salter said...

Good Job Mom! I am very proud of you for getting that office clean and organized. That was no small task. ;) Good job of supervising, Dad!

Hilary said...

Wow. Impressive. Now we know you have it in you! Ha!

Heather said...

What a great feeling to have accomplished such a task so early in the new year! Looks great! Happy New Year!

Jackie said...

So Miss Brinley finally played the violin? I am sorry I missed it!!