1. I hired Steve K. to clean the house on Monday. He does such a fantastic job and luckily for me, he needed some extra money.
2. I chose the same book for the other group. It's called the Zookeeper's Wife, a true story that takes place in Warsaw, Poland during WWII. I highly recommend this book. My appreciation for the Polish people increased greatly. Now I would love to visit there someday.
3. Today I baked Polish nut rolls. This recipe was given to me by a dear Polish friend from our Minneapolis days. She used to make one of these for us every Christmas. We loved them so much but I never did try to make them. It just sounded so complicated. Anyway, since the setting for the story was in Poland, I wanted to serve something Polish. I actually found the recipe in my collection (you know that could have been quite a feat.) I allowed the entire morning to make them which turned out to be a very good idea. Because it makes 4 loaves, I have plenty for the next book group on Thursday. I also cooked pierogies. Do you kids remember those? I used to buy frozen ones and cook them occasionally. They are dumplings with various fillings. These were potato and cheddar--the only kind available. Everyone loved the food-especially Steve and I. He arrived home from the airport just as the guests were leaving so he enjoyed some leftovers.
We miss Taylor but are loving it when Jen and Will are around. Jackie is in the background. She stopped by on her way to Mapleton.
Last week Steve was in San Jose and I ran around half the state trying to help clients. What I won't do to sell real estate! I spent 2 days in St. George and 1 afternoon and 1 evening in Park City. We drove Tay, Jen and Will to Logan too but it was too dark and late to look at houses that day. Hopefully I will get a sale from all this travel and work but not yet!
3 comments:
I am impressed with your baking skills! Your bread rolls looked yummy!
Looks good...we'll have to sample that some day!
Will is a cute kid! Miss that little fella! (and Jen)
Post a Comment