Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Heroes!

There were many who made significant contributions to the success of our Thanksgiving celebration this year. Please forgive me for not mentioning all of you. Here are three of my heroes. Adam, who makes the best rolls this side of the Lion House; Hilary, who spent most of her day and the night prior scanning family photos and documents from Kathy's well organized collection; and of course, Kathy, the hostest with the mostest who puts on an amazing Thanksgiving feast including pinatas, fireworks, bowling, and the best HOMEMADE CANDY we've ever tasted
Yes. I was there and sampled the rolls, candy and pretty much everything else. So I have firsthand knowledge of the success of the feast. Techies compare notes and cell phone applications.
Hilary's scanner went through multiple sets of batteries. We were happy that Kathy was prepared with extras.
Korinne sits in a rocking chair originally owned by her Great, Great, Grandma Dalton.
Tanner had most of the kids involved in an intriguing project. They stopped momentarily so I could take this picture. Besides, I'm pretty sure it was "top secret" so mum's the word.

Jeff and his boys check out a football game on TV.
The kids got along quite well and managed to work out their differences because we heard very few cries of distress. Mostly there were smiles and laughter.
Logan and Jessica show off their cute kids, Jaxon and Tali. The spelling could be wrong, but the names are right.

Let the feast begin!

The garage was set up to accommodate games and eating. It worked out fantastically well.


Dustin's rootbeer was a big hit with Elsie. Everyone enjoyed it but Elsie was constantly asking for more. How much is too much on Thanksgiving?
With both Jeff and Logan working for the fire department, it's been a long time since all of Kathy and Brent's kids have been at the Thanksgiving feast together. This year everyone was there so we had to take a picture.
Left to right-Brent, Kathy, Jeff, Logan, Jake and Dustin.
Tanner whacks at the pinata while the others cheer him on.
Black Friday shoppers review the ads.
The bowling alley was chilly this year. We wore our jackets most of the time. Here's proof that Hilary even scanned during our bowling event.
Here's a gallery of some of the non-bowlers--Richard T., Brent, Marci, and Jessica with Jaxon asleep on her lap.
Brother and sister, Steve and Kathy, carry on the P Family traditions.
Quinn was the youngest bowling fan. He loved the balls and loved putting his finger in one of the holes.

Brent and Kathy's good friends, the T Family, joined us for bowling and leftovers. After so many years, they have become our friends too.
I'm thankful for many things and one of them is Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite days of the year. It gives us the opportunity to gather as friends and family with an excuse to totally overindulge in all things sweet and good. I'm especially thankful for my husband of 40 years. It is his family we celebrate this holiday with and after 40 years of the ups and downs of life, our marriage is sweeter than ever. Thanks, Steve. You are the best!
I'm also thankful for my family and all of the things that they teach me.
I'm thankful for our children and grandchildren. They bring such joy to my life and I'm so grateful to have the means to visit them each year.
I'm thankful for Christ and His gospel for the truth shall make us free.
And I'm thankful to live in this free country with a Constitution inspired by Divine Providence. May we live worthy of it's blessings and may we be able to preserve it for our posterity.

After a terrific Thanksgiving day, we headed farther north to Heather and Aaron's for some additional fun. Here the grandkids caught Steve hiding in the pantry eating some contriband--it was actually one of a very few leftovers of Adam's fantastic rolls.
Steve reads to Quinn and tries hard to keep him out of trouble. It works momentarily.

It was cold but Steve moved a little snow and pulled the kids slowly on a sled. They all had fun. They weren't successful at getting the snowmobile going so they settled for the 4-wheeler. That worked out just fine.
Anna helped Grandma in the kitchen. Here she is learning how to cook homemade pancakes.
We had another turkey dinner on Friday and Saturday a.m. Adam made homemade donuts. We just couldn't really complain about not having enough good food around. It was a fun Thanksgiving weekend!




























3 comments:

larah said...

Great Post! I would love a copy of the picture of the family with Tawni's face actually visible. It was so good to see you all and to visit.

Heather said...

We always love having you guys visit! Thanks for all!

Jackie said...

That is incredible, sorry I didn't get to see you, but glad because I didn't want to share my illness with you.