Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Good and Bad of On-line Recipes...

This past week I hosted one of my book club groups. The book, Juliet, by Anne Fortier, primarily took place in Italy and was based somewhat on the tale of Romeo and Juliet. Therefore, I decided I wanted to have Italian food for our refreshments. I planned some bruchetta on toasted baguette rounds, spinach and cheese ravioli, grapes, fresh veggies and Italian almond cookies. I searched the internet and found several cookie recipes that sounded good. The first one I tried was a big flop. It ended up in the can. So the next time around, I went for the Italian chocolate cookies. It's hard to ruin chocolate, right? These turned out quite well and looked much nicer than the bar cookies too.
Most of the on-line recipes I have tried have been pretty good. This recipe was a keeper. Everyone seemed to enjoy the cookies and the book was good too.


No comments: