Thursday, July 5, 2012

One of THOSE weeks...

Last week was a challenging week for me.  First, let me tell about the good things.  Maybe that it help me feel better.  I hosted two book clubs-one on Tuesday and one on Thursday.  That in and of itself is a little stressful for me--planning, preparing yummy food, cleaning the house,  hoping people will come because I've hosted an event once when people didn't come.  I invited my friend and author, Ka Hancock, so I didn't want a "no show" or "low show."  Fortunately friends came.  They loved the book, the author and the refreshments.  What a relief!  It turned out to be fun. Thanks, Ka.  You are awesome and so is your book.  Hope you sell thousands of copies.
Other good news - Randy and Camille closed on their brand new, gorgeous home!  We finally got the details of their new home complete. Yahoo!
Tiffany and Abigail arrived for a visit.  Tiffany was able to join in with the second book group.  It was a mirthfilled evening.  I needed a good, hard laugh.
The day Tiffany arrived, we had a meeting to attend up north so we dragged them along and they hung out with Jameson, Britton, Jenna, Korinne, etc.  and attended their ward picnic at the splash pad. Cool evening!
Jenna performed all of her Sunshine Singer songs.  She did an amazing job. Below Abigail, Jenna & a friend warm themselves in the sun after playing in the splash pad.
Korinne samples a few cookies and krispy treats at the picnic.  

Thursday night before book club, we attended a BBQ for Mia Love volunteers. She is our pick for the 4th district congressional representative.  I told Abigail that she could have her picture taken with someone who is going to be very famous.  Good luck, Mia!  We support you.

I almost forgot the hard stuff--Waiting every day for two separate lenders to call and say that the loan package is ready so your buyers and sellers can complete their transactions.  This week was full of "not yet" responses which was totally discouraging after lenders had told us "this loan looks great--we just need a little more time".  I've had two nail biting transactions which haven't closed.  One family even moved their furniture based on the manager's "looks great" response.  Still hasn't closed.

It has also been emotional because our R.S. Presidency is being released this Sunday.  We have developed a very close friendship and it makes me sad to think that we won't be working together anymore.  Surprise!  On Sunday, I was called to hold the same position, lst counselor, in the new presidency.  Maybe someday I will get it right. I have been first counselor to three different presidents since we moved into this ward. I guess I still have more to learn. It's okay.

P.S.  I almost forgot one of the biggest reasons my week was hard.  The candidate I worked so many hours to help get elected to the U.S. Senate lost.  It was a sad day for fiscal conservatives in America. Orrin Hatch too easily spends the money of our children and grandchildren so I'm not happy that he was chosen over Dan Lijenquist.

1 comment:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Congrats on your new/old calling!