Sunday, September 16, 2012

We Prayed For Rain in Texas...

 Abigail and I had a great time having adventures together in Texas while Tiffany and Shawn tried to figure their way around Rome.  I think that although I missed a freeway exit or two and ended up trying to get to a Cibolo Nature Center through a gated community, I was less lost than they were.  At least I was a little familiar with SA as I have been there several times.  However, it is always different when you are driving for the first time without a knowledgeable navigator.  Anyway, we managed to make it to church, to  Abigail's school every day, to the field trip at the nature center, to the library, gymnastics, piano lessons, the store and the temple.  Abigail was usually right when she told me that I had missed a turn or was going the wrong direction.
 We baked cookies and delivered some to surprised but happy neighbors, we practiced the piano, read lots of books, took walks, picked up toys and ate treats.  She had picked out a little chocolate cake to celebrate Grandparent's Day which turned out to be a little too yummy.  We ate over half of it during my stay.
 On the field trip, Abigail was the first student to snag something in her net.  Her "tadpoles" turned out to be a couple of very small minnows.  She loved them dearly and after showing them off to her fellow classmates, she had to take them home.


 Abigail with her teacher, Mrs. Herrerra.

Twenty-four hours after the field trip ended., we had a little burial ceremony in the back yard.  Fortunately when Tif and Shawn skyped with us, Shawn warned her that minnows don't live very long so she handled their passing pretty well.

 One of her classmates, took this picture of us at the pizza lunch on my last day in Texas. It was fun!
 One morning after dropping Abigail off at school, I was able to squeeze in a session at the SA LDS Temple.  It has beautiful stained glass windows and I loved the peace I felt there.  The man offering the prayer asked for rain as they have been experiencing a severe drought.  As Tiffany's friend, Jodie, drove me to the airport, it started to rain.  I don't know if it lasted, but it was a refreshing answer to many sincere prayers. I hope Shawn and Tiffany had as much fun as I did.  Abigail and I enjoyed spending time together and she has a surprise for her parents.  Love you, Abigail!


No comments: