Sunday, September 16, 2012

What Ya Been Doing?

  I really haven't disappeared since my trip to S. Carolina.  In the couple of weeks I was home between trips, I have been working, doing Relief Society work,  picking and cooking zucchini and tomatoes from our little garden, working on our Providence project and getting ready for my next trip. 
On Friday, Sept. 7th, I was fortunate to attend a luncheon for congressional candidate, Mia Love, and hear her speak, along with Josh Romney and Condoleesa Rice.  All three were inspiring and I will say, it was a real honor to hear Ms. Rice speak and her message that government can't deliver compassion, healing and hope but as American citizens, we can, rings true.  She said the world needs American leadership.  We are the most individualistic and philanthropic country in the world and we need to safeguard those values and not lose sight of "who were are." She said "If we can't control our spending, then we can't champion these values."



No comments: