Early Saturday morning on March 31, Steve and I drove Jen and the kids to the airport to send them back to China. It's always difficult for me to say "goodbye." However, I was grateful for the unplanned extra visit and happy that things went with for Jen and her parting with her kidney stones. Hooray! Jen is amazing that she is willing and able to make such a trip with her two young, busy children. Her whole trip was quite miraculous. Thanks to her protective angels.
After dropping her off, we headed home to load up for a quick trip to Idaho. When we arrived, we colored eggs in preparation for the "big egg hunt." The weather was exceptionally nice so we enjoyed hiding the treats and the kids loved finding them.
After bartering and trading, the kids all played in the yard for awhile. It was great to have all six of them enjoying the equipment and getting along so well. Happy times!
That evening I was totally excited to attend the General Young Women's broadcast with Heather and Brinley. It was spiritually uplifting and the DQ treat afterwards was fun too! We had a lovely Easter Day remembering the sacrifice and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ, attending church together and enjoying our Easter feast. I love cooking for my family! Then we headed home with a truck full of wheat from the storage closet which we dropped off at our "barn".
Monday morning Steve flew out again--I believe he went to Kansas City. I hosted my brothers for lunch and the Birthday Girls for dinner. We really had a choice evening together catching up on our friendship. We figure we've been celebrating our birthdays together for more than 20 years. This one was a couple of months late so we were all relieved that we didn't just give up and skip it. Happy belated birthday to my friends, Marlene, Mynon and Maretta!
No comments:
Post a Comment