Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Bulldog Experience

 Yesterday afternoon, we took Jessica and Cameron out of school for an adventure to the Mack Truck Museum.  The trucks are built in Pennsylvania but they no longer have plant tours. However their museum is very interesting and the kids got to climb up in some of the real trucks.  I believe their favorite was the military truck that was like a tank on the top. The vintage trucks were beautifully restored.  Steve LOVED the outing and I think the kids enjoyed it too.  They all have their bulldog posters on the walls of the bedrooms.  The bulldog is the hood ornament and mascot for the Mack Trucks. 


 This is the shop where they actually customize the trucks after they are built.  I believe that there were 10 or 12 trucks being customized when we were there.  Our tour guide offered to take a photo of all of us so I took him up on it.





 Since the museum was totally FREE--Yes I said FREE--we stopped off at Mickey D's playland on the way home.  That way the  kids could run off some energy out of the rain and get a little ice cream treat too.  Our total afternoon cost around $5.  That's a great value!


 I forgot to mention that handy Steve replaced the entire burner on the damaged stove on Tuesday.  It is better than new now.  Their landlord should thank me for messing it up on Sunday.
 Today I took Steve to the local airport to fly to S. Carolina for Zander's baby blessing on Sunday. Thomas and I were really missing him today.  Tonight Thomas helped me make homemade macaroni and cheese which he doesn't like but the other kids do.  He does love to help cook.  He did a fine job as chef until he got a little heavy handed with the pepper on top.
 Nevertheless, Jessica had about 4 helpings and convinced Chef Thomas to try his own masterpiece.  Vwalla!  He liked it.  He had several helpings after I was able to pick out sections with NO PEPPER.
 Cameron likes it too which is good since we will be having it again tomorrow night. This new recipe from one of Tricia's books makes a big batch.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

That looks mighty tasty to me. That is fun that you get to spend some time with them.