Sunday, June 23, 2013

Memory Room!

 Yesterday we worked on putting together and organizing our trophies.  At first I called this accumulation of symbols of our efforts and hard work in the professional world the trophy room, but as we added other items representing our heritage and other important things in our lives beyond the professional work, I decided that a better title would be "The Memory Room".  Our memorabilia now make the exercise room more inviting and homey for us.  Maybe it will motivate us to use it more.  Here's hoping.




 After we finished with that, I came up with this idea to create a "hat wall" for the kids.  We hung a bunch of hooks for the kids to hang their hats on.  I have a lot more hats so we will add more hooks when we get them.  I'm hoping that this will be fun for them when they play dress up.  At least I know that Quinn will love it.  Hopefully others will too.
 Here are some pictures of the work the landscapers did this week.  They put in the base for the road to the barn.  This next week, they will pave it.  They started putting in some of the sprinkler lines in the areas directly around the house.  The electrician put in the base for our yard lights and some electricity to the barn.  Steve is excited about that.


 These two photos show the rock wall on the south side of our home which separates Taylor's lot.  The last photo is the rock wall on the north side of the house next to the road.  We will have another rock wall along the back of our lot where we will plant our fruit trees.  We have lots of rock walls.


2 comments:

Tricia said...

I look forward to the day when I can have a memory room. Although the only trophy I would contribute to it would be my "Twinkle Trophy." When I see your latest projects, I think to myself, "Never a dull moment" with those two.

Jackie said...

I love the memory room. That is a great idea.