Sunday, November 17, 2013

The BIG NEWS!

 I'm feeling a little sad right now because I always dislike it when I have to drop Steve off at the airport on a Sunday afternoon.  I like to have him around on weekends, especially Sundays.  It also meant that I missed Hilary's Relief Society lesson to get him to the airport on time.  Hilary is the best teacher in our Relief Society.
Anyway on to the BIG NEWS.  After about 4+ years of trying to sell our Idaho dream house, we finally have an accepted offer.  There is a family that actually LOVES our house besides us.  Imagine that? We have prayed so earnestly that a family who needs and would love our house would come to purchase it.  We wanted them to be a great addition to the neighborhood since we love those people there.  It is a blended family who just got married a couple of weeks ago.  Between them they have 11 children and 2 grandchildren.  Six or seven of the children still live at home so it will be a busy household.  The agent says the dad is the nicest, handiest, most helpful guy.  Sounds like the neighborhood is lucky.  We just had some exterior painting done and had all the shrubs and trees trimmed so the exterior appearance looks much better.  Do you like the red door?  I think it looked much better.  Of course, we also lowered the price again.  We even had another family scheduled to look at it tomorrow.  The time must be right!  We are grateful and feel really good about how things are going so far.
 Winter arrived in CV on Friday.  It snowed again all day on Saturday.  Britton and Jenna built this large snowman with their friends in the backyard of our next door neighbor's house.  It was fun to hear them laughing and playing.  I just had to get the camera and take a picture.
 We worked a little in the barn on Saturday hanging up tools and putting away our deck furniture.  We also drove around the area looking for investment properties but didn't see anything we liked.  It's okay.  There will be time for that.
When we arrived back to our work condo, it was sunny, bright and about 55 degrees.  It looks like we will have winter weekends and milder weeks.  That's okay too.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Nooooooo. Really. Deep down I was still in denial that you would really sell it and really not move to Idaho. I guess it is time for me to accept reality.

Tay and Jen said...

congrats on getting it sold. that will be a huge burden gone.

amazing Tif has been to all of the baptisms. incredible really.