Sunday, February 16, 2014

And So It Continues...

 After our San Diego trip, we spent the weekend home in CV.  Jen and the kids returned to China but Taylor had meetings at the corporate headquarters.  It was nice to have him and Hilary's family for Sunday dinner.


Steve and I worked during the week.  He was worked at an agriculture show in Tulare, CA and of course, I worked in SL.  Steve K and I worked at sprucing up one of my listings with paint and cleaning. I'm ready for it to sell NOW.  I was sore for a couple of days from the up and down of painting moldings.
On Friday, we celebrated Valentine's Day by traveling to Texas.  It was so nice to get off the plane and feel the warm 75+ degree weather.  We stopped for lunch at Willie's where they featured nice food and a place for kids to play.  We ate out on the patio where Abigail could eat a few bites and play a bit in the sandbox.  I've been thinking lately that I would be nice for a restaurant with good food to also have a play area for kids.

That evening Tiffany made a yummy heart ravioli dinner and Shawn and I shared a birthday cake to celebrate our February birthdays.
Saturday we another beautiful day so we headed for the "hills".  Our first stop was Kerrville.  Interestingly enough it was named for a guy named James Kerr who never even went there.  It is a nice community highly touted as a great retirement community.

A man named Schreiner was the most influential early citizen.  These absolutely gorgeous inlaid wood floors were totally amazing!  They were in several rooms throughout his mansion.
Steve and Abigail were interested in this old radio which was the same model Steve's Uncle Duber had in his home when Steve was growing up.

The Texas limestone on the old buildings was charming and very appealing.  We like the old-style Texas buildings.
We were intrigued by Rustlin' Robs store in Fredericksburg, TX.  They had rows and rows of Texas food products in various sections where you could sample dozens and dozens of them.  It was crowded with folks trying the jams, honeys, sauces, condiments, etc.
They even had one room dedicated to hot sauces.  This one's for you Dustin.  We would have brought you one but had no idea where to start and we had no desire to sample them.
Here we are in front of the General Store.  The lettering on the glass didn't show very well.
We resisted most of the goodies along the way since we were so full of our fantastic German lunch.  However, we couldn't pass up the ice cream before we left for home.  I had just enough room to enjoy a lemonade party with Abigail in the living room with her new china tea set that evening.
Sunday afternoon, we made delicious sweet potato pancakes.  I love trying new foods.  Now I have a yummy new recipe to make for everyone on our visits.  We didn't make the syrup but I am eager to try apple cider syrup on these pancakes.
Shawn did an excellent job of teaching the gospel doctrine lesson and Tiffany serves with the young women.  It was their ward conference and we were well counseled by their stake president and bishop.  It was an uplifting church service.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I LOVE that the whole month of February is one big Birthday Party. I think it is great to celebrate often. That tea party with Abigail looks like a lot of fun!