On Tuesday, the 4th, I flew to San Diego where Steve was working this week and we joined Taylor and Jen's family for a couple of days of vacation.
We met for dinner at a local seafood market and restaurant. You picked your seafood and ordered at the counter and then they prepared it. They had tables in an adjoining room where you took your tray to eat. It was so fresh and yummy that we ate dinner there two nights in a row. The chowder was fabulous!
The next day we headed to the San Diego Zoo which we all thoroughly enjoyed. From here on out the photos of the zoo are interspersed with photos from Seaworld but I am not skilled at rearranging them.
On Wednesday night, we babysat for a couple of hours while Tay and Jen attended the Sand Diego Temple. On Thursday night, they drove back to LA as Jen and the kids had to catch an early flight Friday morning. Thursday night, Steve and I, attended the temple. I have always loved this amazingly beautiful temple. Our evening brought back a flood of memories association with Libbie and Jeff's marriage there over 12 years ago. Where has the time gone! It is still one of my favorite temples. I wasn't disappointed with this visit.
On Friday morning we had about and 90 minutes before we needed to leave for the airport. Steve drove us to Old Town and we were able to locate the Mormon Battalion Historical Center. They have totally redone it since our previous visit together. It was awesome! We could have spent a lot more time there. Our pioneer ancestors displayed truly incredible faith. I was very touched by our experience there.
















2 comments:
Your pictures are great. I love the two popping up through the ground. I can't believe how much Will and June have grown. You need to come and join my photography group. I love you and am SO grateful to have you for my sister. Hope your day was great, but since you celebrate all month I hope your month is great!!!
Interesting fact-- During WWII Grandpa Bill spent a month or so in Point Loma going to Radar school. You guys were right by his old stomping grounds.
Looks like a fun trip!
Post a Comment