We enjoyed the stock show and there was so much that we didn't get to see the first night, that after registering Abigail for her new school next year, we went back for more fun and more food. The next day we made an oft enjoyed visit to the zoo. This allowed Abigail to show us "her" zoo and tell us about all the things she has learned there on their regular visits. Tiffany was a wealth of information. I think that she actually remembers everything she has heard from the zoo specialists on their special event tours.
I didn't take a lot of zoo photos. For some reason I was on the phone quite a bit that afternoon.
Here is Abigail snuggling with her dad after his long day at work. We often watch Olympics' events in the evenings. I'm sure if we hadn't been on vacation, I would probably have missed the entire thing. We cheered for our athletes and were amazed at their accomplishments.
Before we left on Friday the 21st, we meet Shawn for brunch at the local Jim's. We were well fed and momentarily happy.
It's when I arrive at the airport and have to give my goodbye hugs, that I am always overwhelmed by that sad goodbye feeling. I love to visit my kids and grandkids and it is always hard to say goodbye.
I took this picture from the window of the airplane as we crossed over some of the Rockies. It is amazingly beautiful!
We arrived home on Friday evening and early the next morning I hopped in the truck and drove to Idaho. Jackie's daughter, Jamie and her husband, Cam, and two and 1/2 children were sealed in the temple. I spent most of the day basking in the warmth of the Holy Spirit and feeling grateful to be able to participate in the sacred event. Our Heavenly Father is so loving, forgiving and merciful. It was a most tender moment to see the little ones kneeling at the altar with their parents to become an eternal family. Congrats Jamie & Cam!
Heather was able to adjust her busy schedule to be there for the sealing. She brought Quinn and Anna who waited patiently in the lobby. We joined Jackie and many of Jamie and Cam's family members and friends for a beautiful lunch at Jackie's. My brother, Steve, and Ann, did a lot of the preparation and serving. It was especially nice.
I headed south for CV just about 40 minutes before dark. I had some preparations of my own to make so we could celebrate Jenna's birthday a little early on Sunday night. We had an inspiring stake conference that weekend also. I arrived in time for half of the evening meeting. We felt the Spirit strongly in the meetings. Now if we can just rise to the challenges we were issued.
Happy 11th birthday to Jenna. We went for ice cream and oatmeal cookies that Jenna and Korinne helped me bake. They were Tricia's yummy recipe. Thanks, Tricia.
Jameson really loved the pot roast but nothing topped that ice cream and those cookies. YUM!



2 comments:
It was especially wonderful to have you with us. I so appreciate the effort you made to be there. Nothing better than a day in the temple with those you love.
You are welcome. . . But actually McKay discovered that cookie recipe when he had melted the butter too much. I like it when he and Jess make it.
The sealing sounds nice.
Post a Comment