Sunday, March 16, 2014

Marvelous March

 March started out with a disaster in the kitchen.  This yummy pan of brownies with scrumptious orange frosting had to go into the garbage can.  It was so hard, I couldn't really cut it.  You can see that it didn't break apart when I removed it from the pan.  I was so disappointed.  I made it for the realtors on one of my property tours, but I had to make a quick trip to Great Harvest to trade some of my hard earned free breads to give the agents a treat.
 This week Steve was in Vegas for the big construction expo and he won't be home until Sunday so I juggled things around a bit.  In addition to doing my realtor tours, I attended two lovely Relief Society birthday parties--one in my old ward to see my friends and one in my new ward in CV to lend support.  These photos are from the CV party.  The ladies had gone to so much effort.  It was really beautiful.  Both gatherings were a lot of fun and well done.  I LOVE RELIEF SOCIETY.  It is truly a society of angels.

 I got to attend the CV event because it brought me close to my next destination-a quick visit to Idaho.  I love to visit Heather's busy family and the timing was good as the older kids had Friday off from school for semester break.  Anna earned the right to represent her class in the district spelling bee.  Way to go, Anna!
 I had purchased some yummy blackberries and strawberries so it just made sense to have crepes.  A triple batch fed us all for one meal.




 On Friday morning, Tanner, Brinley and I went to the temple.  I anticipated it would be crowded with school out and I was correct.  We waited for two hours and were only able to do confirmations. I felt badly that they didn't get to do the baptisms before we had to leave to hand in Tanner's track application.  I sure appreciated the opportunity to sit in the Lord's house for two hours with my two oldest grandchildren.  I probably enjoyed it more than they did but it was awesome.  I love it that they are worthy and willing to serve there.
Early Sat. a.m. I drove south to meet clients in Provo to look at houses.  It turned out to be a long day as with the daylight savings change, I arrived home in time to set my clocks at 11:45.  The next morning I picked Steve up at the airport and we drove straight to CV in time to attend church.  Con Expo is always a huge physical challenge for Steve.  He stands on his feet for long hours day after day in the booth answering questions from potential customers.  His company spends 4-5 MILLION dollars on this display every three years.  It is a HUGE event with people coming from all over the world.  I think that this will be his last one.  He is happy about that.
 Because we didn't have time to prepare Sunday dinner ahead, we had crepes again.  Korinne loved assisting me cooking them.  She really got the hang of it.  They loved the whipped cream and the crepes.  Two batches was not enough.  I will have to "up" the program with Hilary's family.
 Monday morning we got up to snow again.  It is getting close to spring so this snow will melt quickly but Winter isn't quite ready to let go of her power.  We are thankful for the water as it has truly been an answer to our prayers so we are not complaining.
 We have experienced a true miracle and experienced the Lord's mercy and love.  Our valley fasted and prayed for an increase of moisture as our supplies were way below normal.  Within a few days, it started to snow and rain--mostly snow.  We are so grateful.  The weather announces kept saying they didn't know where it was coming from.  It was unexpected.  We all know.  Thanks to a loving Heavenly Father.
 While Steve was in LA this past week, I was busy working-I have several new listings- and helping my brothers.  Greg had surgery on his ulcerated stomach.  It was supposed to last about 3 hours but went on for 7.  Cathy and I have been busy with hospital visits as he s-l-o-w-l-y recovers.  It has been a painful difficult experience for him.  My brother, Steve, has been doing some yard clean up and deck painting for a client of a realtor friend of mine in SL.  I helped him haul all the green waste.
 It was fascinating to see the big equipment scoop the trees stumps, branches, etc. into a huge chipper to grind it up.  It's quite the business.  They charge you to drop off the green waste.  Then they chip is up into various barks, ground covers and mulches and charge you 4 times as much to purchase it and haul it away.  Good deal!

Once again I picked up a tired husband at the airport.  He patiently waited while I visited my friend Aryls at the nursing home to celebrate her 93 birthday and stopped by the hospital again to take a robe to Greg.  They are trying to get him up to walk a few times each day.  It is quite the process.  Keep him in your prayers.  Thanks.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

The brownies resemble my cooking. Nice!