The second week of June leading up to our Flag Day Breakfast seemed especially crazy. In addition to preparations for the breakfast, I listed a couple of properties for sale and had prospective clients text on their way from California to purchase a home. That added an unexpected layer of work I hadn't planned for. When Steve returned from LA, he managed to put the necessary kitchen shelves up so that I could organize and use the new little Euorpean style kitchen. My sister, Cathy, came over on Friday and helped me back omelette muffins and my brother, Steve, arrived after that to help with the rest of our preparations. He is such a pro at preparing and serving food. His help is always invaluable.
Taylor stopped by on his way to the airport. He had business appointments in San Fran and was then heading back to China. Hilary's family arrived just in time to say goodbye also. Then Grandpa took them to the zoo for the morning while Adam worked at his office and I worked on the breakfast.
That night our new little place received its official initiation with their family and my brother, Steve, staying the night, to be up early to set everything up for the breakfast.
It was truly miraculous to me that the park I reserved for the breakfast many months ago, was less than half a block from the home we just moved into. I'd say that was a tender mercy. Since there is always some stress associated with hosting an event, this was truly a blessing and made it a lot easier to get set up and ready. I was a little doubtful whether there would be very many people in attendance since the RSVP list was short. However, I believe that our crowd was as big as ever. It's always a good idea to plan lots of food so I was happy that we did. The folks were generous and we had a lot of donations to the food bank too.
We couldn't have pulled this off with help from Steve K, Steve P, Cathy S., Hilary, Adam, Jenna, Britton, & Korinne. Thanks everyone. You are awesome!
We had some family, ward and neighborhood reunions. It was nice to see friends and catch up a bit. The weather was pretty cooperative and with the house only a few doors away, the cleanup was especially quick. I was so grateful for the help and that all went well. Within a couple of hours, I was out showing houses again. I finished up after 8 p.m. and then ran home to pack my suitcase and make final preparations for my 2-week trip to SC. Steve dropped me off at the airport at 6 a.m. the next morning. Whew! I made it. I was just sad that Steve had to spend Father's Day all alone. He has certainly been my hero these past few weeks. Thanks, honey. You are the best!!!


2 comments:
You sound entirely too busy. Hopefully you can slow down in the South.
Glad the breakfast was less stressful than in years past!
Post a Comment