Sunday after church, Jenna and Korinne were happy to decorate our Christmas tree and they did a great job. Britton looked up from his book occasionally to check out their progress. He is determined to win a reading challenge called Beat the Teach.
It is good to have a few decorations up. It feels more festive now. We enjoyed our Thanksgiving leftovers in the form of ham fried rice which incorporated a new technique I researched. It was a nice improvement and as a result, the fried rice was a hit. Everyone tried chopsticks. Some even succeeded in eating with them.
During the week, Steve worked in Seattle. I worked on Monday and had a broker tour on Tuesday morning. However, Tuesday afternoon was memorable in a different way. My dental surgeon put four implants in my mouth that day. Ouch! This was not an experience I plan to repeat anytime soon. I'm glad I had them all done at once or I might have chickened out on another round. I really have recovered rather rapidly but still have to rinse, take antibiotics, use ice packs and be careful what I eat. The left side of my face got quite swollen. So as I did my sub for Santa shopping later in the week, I was dodging a bit to avoid running into anyone I knew. I was not a pretty sight.
Parked in our CV garage is a brand new car which was purchased the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Steve had been researching retirement cars for months. Returning from the bank on Sat., the 22nd, he stopped by the local Honda dealership. There was a model there that had almost everything we wanted and it was slightly discounted because the new models were out. Steve was excited so we went back for a test drive. I got them to add a luggage rack for no extra charge. It looked like we might be purchasing our retirement car. Later that evening, after we celebrated Korinne's family party with root beer floats, Steve returned to the dealership with his checkbook in hand. Because of our schedules and the fact that they had to install the rack and prepare the car, we didn't pick it up until December 1st. Whenever he retires, we are ready with our replacement vehicle. I doubt it will get much mileage before that. Nevertheless, we are prepared. I think that we will like it. It should be perfect for our runs back and forth to SL.
No comments:
Post a Comment