Sunday, March 6, 2016

Flowers Outside our Door...

Last Sunday we were well enough to attend Sacrament meeting and I taught my primary class.  Then it was home for a nap.  Thanks to Hilary for bringing us some yummy homemade potato soup.  That was perfect!  When we arrived back in SL on Monday, we were delighted to have crocus and primrose blooming outside our front door.  What an encouraging sight.
Steve worked with a couple of salesmen during the week and I helped a client make selections for her new construction town home.  I also showed a potential listing to some clients.  I made a lot of homemade chicken soup for sick friends and clients who were still struggling with the flu.
We started our walking routine again.  Steve had more endurance than I did so he walked longer.  We loved listening to the birds as we walked along the river.  They were joyously singing.  We love the snow capped mountains in the background.  The weather was mild so that was very motivating.

By yesterday we were able to make two complete loops of our usual walking trek plus another half loop with Jameson.  The day was FABULOUS with a temperature in the high 60's so we wanted to enjoy it.  Steve transplanted some roses and blackberries.  He is further along and gaining his strength than I am. However, I am back at doing some cooking which is good news.
Today is rainy and colder and we expect more of the same this week.  Spring surely gave us a big tease this past week and we loved it!

Yesterday I made my first trip to the family history library.  I have several puzzles I would like to solve but that didn't happen.  At least I know my way to the library now.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Glad to know you are feeling better. That flu is nasty stuff.