Sunday, February 28, 2016

A Not So Productive Week...

 Steve's the one who got the flu first.  He started coughing last Sunday and by Monday he was achy, feverish and downright miserable.  I worked on Tuesday but when I came home Tuesday evening, I knew that I was going to miss bookclub but I was sure I would be ready to attend our big Realtor Awards' luncheon the next day.  Not so fast.  I was able to get myself cleaned up by noon but only to sit in the back corner and just go up front to receive my award.  We skipped the lunch part.  Steve had been so proud of my big accomplishment of selling over $10 million dollars in real estate during 2015.  I think he was disappointed that we couldn't enjoy the moment.  There were 45 platinum level award recipients out of about 6000.
After a short nap, I was out again with my client.  I had her drive a separate car so she wouldn't get too close.  We ended up writing an offer on a townhouse Wed. night.
Thursday, Steve was well enough that we picked up a couple of file cabinets from a fellow realtor and gave them to my brothers and Adam for their officers.  They were nice metal cabinets.  Thursday afternoon, we drove to CV as we both preferred to be sick in our Providence home.
 Look at the huge difference this week's weather made.  The grass looks terrible but it will recover.  The daffodils have started poking little green shoots through the ground.  Hooray!  There is hope for spring.
 I pretty much lounged around in my pjs for the next two days.  I did manage a couple of loads of laundry and the big banana experiment.  I saw a video which told how to restore spotted bananas to their state of freshness.  You place the banana in a bag of rice for an hour and then blow dry it on low for a few minutes.  It worked in the video but as you can see, it doesn't look too tempting for anything but banana bread or cookies which is what a usually do anyway.  Steve was entertained by this whole thing.
Besides a hacking cough which makes your muscles very sore, we have been extremely weak.  I haven't been throwing up, but my stomach has had a difficult time with food and liquids so my electrolytes were down.  Steve has been weak, achy and coughing but didn't really have trouble with his stomach.  I think that we are on the mend now.  So glad the worst is behind us.
Hilary brought over some wonderful homemade potato soup for supper.  It was the perfect meal.  Thanks, Hilary!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Darn - when you texted me to order more on guard, you never mentioned why?!? Sorry to hear you two have been dealing with the sickies! Congrats on your award (even if it was anti-climactic) and glad you're on the mend now.

Jackie said...

I love the banana experiment! So sorry you have had the flu. It is horrible horrible. I had it pretty bad last year during the spring when there were not any substitutes available. I am hoping that I am immune for this year.