I couldn't resist stopping by our Murray place to drop off some winter clothes and see Jen and the kids who arrived from China on Wednesday night and have self-quarantined themselves in our Murray place for a few days due to the coronavirus spreading rapidly in China. The kids are so adorable.
Then I had a meeting with my siblings to resolve Greg's lease agreement and encourage the boys in their efforts to get some counseling and work out some issues. It was a productive meeting.
I left with these beautiful birthday flowers from my brother, Steve.
On Saturday, Steve and I both made it to Jameson's basketball game. Here is a photo of one of his shots going in the basket. He made 8 or 10 points and did very well.
While we were watching the game, Hilary was with Jenna at a dance competition held at Thanksgiving Point. They made it to the second round which was a happy surprise among very stiff competition.
Saturday night and Sunday were stake conference meetings. Steve made it a little over half way through the Sunday session. I was really inspired by both meetings as I recommitted my efforts to be a better disciple of Jesus Christ. I chose to walk up the hill after the meeting since most of the sidewalks were cleared. It was a brisk challenge, but I made it.
It was all just part of the FUN birthday/Superbowl/palindrome Day. We also enjoyed squeezing in lots of calls and birthday wishes from our kids and grandkids!
As if we weren't already tired of snow, it snowed ALL DAY on Monday the 3rd. At least 5 neighbors came and assisted with clearing our driveway 4 different times throughout the day. I shoveled too.
Tuesday, we jumped on a break in the weather and drove to SL. My BNG meeting was cancelled but Steve was able to keep his massage appointment and I watched the kids while Jen got in a much needed break with a run. Self-quarantine isn't fun. We took our chances. Steve ran to Café Rio and picked up a fun lunch which we enjoyed before we drove back to CV.
Here is Steve setting things up and giving instructions so they could get some movies and additional channels on our Roku.Jen is helping the kids with homework emailed from their school. She also has to take everyone's temperature and report it to the school twice each day.
When Steve adjusted the heating vents in the rooms with a yardstick, Preston was enthralled by that activity and proceeded to duplicate it all over the house. He was so cute as he imitated his grandpa.
Steve was able to venture out with me for a walk a couple of times this week when the roads were clear. Each time, he walked a little farther.
He had his last scheduled physical therapy appointment on Thursday. Now we are on our own to exercise.
Joyous Day on Thursday, Feb. 6th as AJ turned 5 years old. We had another pizza party, cake and presents. He was so excited!His parents gave him a beloved Paw Patrol bicycle. We gave him some smaller gift items since he loves to open packages so much. He was happy!
He got to repeat the process again on Friday afternoon when his mother hosted 9 other pre-schoolers for a Paw Patrol party. They loved the Paw Patrol Rescue version of hide and seek. It was a hit!
Saturday while I was at a family history workshop doing indexing, Steve's sister Kathy and her husband Brent, stopped by for a visit. They had come to watch their granddaughter, Cassidy, in a play sponsored by USU. I arrived home in time to visit for a few minutes too.
Today when we gathered with Hilary's family for dinner, I noticed that Korinne was almost as tall as Jenna. We determined that she has passed me up in height. Congratulations, Korinne!




































1 comment:
02.02.2020 will be a birthday to remember! Very cool.
Post a Comment