Saturday, February 14, 2009
A Funny Thing Happened---
A funny thing happened on the way home from Texas. Steve was checking in a car seat that we loaned to Tif on her last trip out. The Southwest sky cap asked if we were traveling with a baby. I said no it was used for our grand daughter on a previous trip. He laughed and said to Steve, "Well I thought you still had something going!" And I said, "He might still have it, but I don't," which brought another laugh from all of us. Just a few minutes later after we had passed through security, a cart driver asked us if we needed assistance to get to our gate. Steve went from a "stud" to an "old fart" in a matter of minutes--or was it me?
Here we are at the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo. Steve loves seeing the animals and all the kids with their FFA or 4-H projects. We enjoyed the variety of foods from Tiffany's turkey leg to sausage on a stick, deep fried onion blossoms and BBQ sandwiches.
We didn't sample the fried candy bars but we did share a yummy apple dumpling ala mode and a "fabulous funnel cake."
There were so many things to see and not enough time to see them, but we enjoyed the sunset, the food, the exciting atmosphere, the first class rodeo which begins with an awesome patriotic display and "PRAYER" which we loved. After the rodeo we were treated to about 1 1/2 hrs. of Reba McIntyre's hit songs. What a fun night!
One last mug shot of us girls together before we headed for the airport.
Here's are the swinging, sexy 60's ladies. We started celebrating our birthdays together when we turned 40. It just seems like yesterday. I'm actually the odd man out because Mynon, Maretta and Marlene share the same birthday, same year. I'm the same year just 5 days earlier. I guess they needed me to "break the water." It's so fantastic to have true friends--the kind you may not see often, but when you do, it's just like always-comfortable and you can be yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your description of the foods at the stock show was enough to make my mouth water. Sounded so good! Your experience at the airport made me laugh! Glad you had a good time on your trip!
Sounds like you had a good time in Texas. The food reminds me of the Blackfoot Fair. Glad that you are home.
Well I hope that you are still willing to celebrate your birthday some more when you come up my way next. I think that is the fun of birthdays--celebrating the joy of life, friends, and famliy! NOT the years. I love the picture of you Tif and Abigail.
Post a Comment