Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another Technology Challenge!

My profession keeps me in a constant mode of being technologically challenged. I just get a system going and then it gets changed. This past week several of the large real estate boards in the state changed keybox systems. This meant that 10,000+ realtors throughout the state had to remove the keyboxes from all of their listings and bring them into their board offices at a pre-scheduled time. We then exchanged them for new keyboxes which had to be programmed with our specific codes, etc. We also had to exchange our keys and choose one of three options to replace the key. Then we had to have our new key system programmed and then learn how to use it. I opted to use my Blackberry phone and an infared converter called a FOB. This system will notify me whenever one of my registered key boxes is opened so I can track showings better. It should be really helpful to me and my clients, but... Of course, I have to learn how to set up and integrate all of these new things. I also had to drive all over two counties to re-install all of the new keyboxes on my listings. I'm almost finished with that part. I hope that I can remember all of this stuff.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Wow! Sounds like a real headache! Hopefully, you will really like the new system!