Sunday, September 20, 2009

We Are So Blessed!!!

I'm so thankful. This past week has been a week so full of blessings that it's truly amazing how generous our kind Heavenly Father is. At the top of a long list of blessings to be thankful for is the safe arrival of William Scott born to Jen & Tay on 9-15-09. He arrived at a robust 9 lbs. 12.5 oz. I'm not sure how Jen managed to carry him and deliver him so smoothly. What a miracle and blessing for her! We're happy that all is well with them in China.
He's only a few days old here--less than 1 week but he looks like he's a couple of months old.
We had two grandsons in the hospital this past week also, but both of them are home now and healing well. Thomas is recovering from an upper respiratory infection and Quinn is healing after the "bubble" under his tongue was removed. These two little boys had some serious hours and were in our prayers. We feel so grateful to have them on the mend.
We were additionally blessed to finally get the word on the CNH restructuring and Steve has survived all of the layoffs--he still has a job. He will be a product specialist instead of a business manager. I think it will be a good change and we are so grateful since the majority of his associates are gone from the company.
Hilary was able to accomplish her goal and finish her first marathon "Top of Utah" on Saturday inspite of a recent bout with the flu and IT bands problems. Congratulations on a difficult and impressive accomplishment.
I returned from my fabulous trip to Vermont and had offers on several of my listings in the next few days. Fortunately I have been able to get two of them under contract this weekend. Hooray for my clients!
We feel blessed to have our Sunday School class of 12 & 13 year olds. They are exceptionally good kids and we hope we can help them grow in the gospel of Christ. I have been feeling so grateful all week and today was another beautiful day to be thankful for.

4 comments:

Tay and Jen said...

since this isn't my blog I can leave a comment and say Wow, what a cute baby!
-Tay

larah said...

Yeah! I am so glad that so many good things have been happening to your family. Taylor and Jen's baby is very cute and I admire Hilary for running a full marathon! And to top it off your trip to Vermont looked and sounded amazing.

Jackie said...

Those are some pretty great blessings. That is a sweet grandson. (I was about to say little grandson--but he was a big boy) I feel blessed to have you for my sister!

Tricia said...

I agree. . . William is a cute baby. Thomas seems to have recovered from his "Restrictive Airway Disease" attack. And Jessica is done throwing up. I guess we need to drink more OJ around here. McKay and I have kept Steve in our prayers and are happy he still has his job. Love you!