Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ah! Christmas Cookies

The week after Thanksgiving I got to spend 4 days with Heather's family while she recuperated from 43 incisions. We all worked together to give Heather some time to rest and heal. She was a trooper. Having a doctor remove various sized tumors all over your body, is not for the faint of heart. I nearly fainted just seeing the pain in her face. I didn't really look at many of the wounds. The kids and I rewarded ourselves on my last night there by baking Christmas cookies. I got everyone started and then the kids took over. They did a great job of rolling the dough, cutting the shapes, putting them on the trays, decorating them, baking them and EATING THEM! Actually everyone only ate one that first night and set one aside for Grandpa, Mom & Dad. Steve worked in Reno all week so we saved him a couple of cookies too.
Didn't the cookies turn out great? They were yummy too because we used a recipe with real butter instead of shortening.

You can see that everyone was working hard and doing their part.

Here is cute little Quinn. He gets up on his hands and knees and he scoots around. He'll be crawling soon. He was the only kid left out of the cookie baking experience. Maybe next year.

2 comments:

larah said...

What a fun trip. Hope that Heather is feeling better. Ouch!

The cookies looked yummy!

Heather said...

What cute kids! Blogging is great because you don't hear the 'background noise', eh?