P.S. I started blogging 1 year ago on Christmas Eve. I missed a big stretch during the busy summer but eventually I got started again. Hooray for blogging and I'm so happy that I have stayed with this for a year now. Happy Blogging Anniversary to me!
Friday, December 25, 2009
Christmas Breakfast Ring Anyone?
Bright and early, about 6:30 a.m. which is not really too early but early enough, we all paraded down the stairs for Korinne, Jenna and Britton to see if Santa had come during the night. Happily he had dropped off 3 nice piles of gifts and filled 3 stockings so everyone was happy.
The kids excitedly opened their gifts and began to play with them in earnest. Eventually I started the traditional breakfast ring and cooked bacon and sausage while it baked. The children were far to busy for breakfast though, so Hilary, Adam, Steve and I ate most of the breakfast ring, bacon, sausage and hot chocolate. Breakfast was just not on the agenda for the kids. They preferred candy canes, tootsie rolls, and play dough.
In between watching the kids, eating and a bit of a morning nap, Steve had to fit in just a little project. He hooked Aaron's trailer up to the pickup and unloaded some boxes from our car in preparation for our drive to Idaho a couple of hours later.
The girls enjoyed their dolls and Britton loved his new binoculars, telescope and microscope.
Everyone but Hilary enjoyed the new Wii. Hilary enjoyed having everyone else enjoy the Wii. That made her happy.
Our drive to Idaho this year was much better than last year since there was no snow falling. Last year's trip was a blizzard and definitely a harrowing experience. This year the roads were clear and dry. We had enough time to stop and visit Steve's sister, Kathy and her husband Brent. We also enjoyed talking with most of our kids and grandkids who live far away which made the miles go by faster. Cell phones can be awesome. We got to skype again with Taylor, Jen and William. That was especially fun to see Will's chubby smiling face and big eyes.
Brinley took this picture of Quinn and I. When we arrived in Idaho, we quickly put together a repeat supper with Rueben sandwiches, potato salad, chips, wassail, etc. As Steve said earlier, we are just a traveling party.
Quinn is crawling all over now and doing a few other interesting maneuvers. He's a cutie. I got to read "The Christmas Sweater" to Brinley, Elsie, Jantzen and Quinn. Anna was already asleep and Tanner was reading his own book. Elsie said a darling little family prayer expressing thanks for Jesus, her family, Grandpa & Grandma and jamies. She is so adorable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Proud of you for celebrating your blog-o-versary! Sounds like a wonderful Christmas!
Post a Comment