Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkins, Soccer and Autumn Fun!

There is a community about two hours north of our home that has a fun Halloween tradition. Community groups, businesses and families put together various displays made out of pumpkins and they call it the Pumpkin Walk. While Steve and Hilary attended a family history meeting with some distant cousins, Adam, Britton, Jenna, Korinne and I went to the pumpkin festival, soccer games for Jenna and Britton, the Old Grist Mill bagel shop, Sonic's happy hour and in general just had a lot of fun.


One of my favorites was this display on the United States Constitution.
Here's a Peter Pan display.
Britton takes a turn on the sidelines with his dad, "The Coach." Adam coached both Jenna and Britton's team this year. Someone is glad that Sat. was the last day of soccer season. I think that it is Hilary.
A few light rain drops just before Britton's game gave the girls the chance to get out the umbrella. As it turned out, the rain didn't really start in earnest until later in the afternoon. We were fortunate to fit in all of our outdoor activities first.

When Hilary and Steve arrived, we had a nice dinner together in honor of Hilary's birthday a few days before.
On Friday, Steve drove me to southern Utah for business. I hadn't remembered the fall beauty down there, but we certainly enjoyed it during our drive. Saturday's canyon drive was especially beautiful. I just love autumn.
It was a busy day as I showed houses, had lunch with Steve, and closed a new construction home. Isn't it a pretty one? Then Steve and I drove back the 4 & 1/2 hours. Steve was pretty tired today after all of the driving and a long week of working in L.A. He did all of that extra driving just to spend time with me. It was so thoughtful of him and so nice for me. Thanks, Honey! It was a fun fall weekend.

3 comments:

larah said...

The pumpkin festival looked like it was a blast. There are some creative people out there!

Heather said...

You've logged quite a few miles lately! Glad Dad could join you down south.

Tricia said...

Ooh. . . pumpkin festival.

Thanks for the update!