Sunday, October 31, 2010

October Surprise!

Wednesday morning I woke up to at least 4" of snow. This is what it looked like after my neighbor had used his snowblower to blow off everyone's sidewalks.
By Thursday afternoon it was bright and sunny and back to jacket weather for my "Food for Pies" open house where I invite my clients to tour one of my listings and bring some food for the local food bank. Then I give them a pie for their efforts. Marie makes a terrific pie and I have a lot of fun. Saturday after a very brief evening of visiting with Taylor, Steve helped load his bags and headed to the airport so Taylor could return to China. Tay hauls a lot of stuff each direction so the bags are carefully weighed. Thanks, Taylor, for bringing some of our Christmas gifts. I have fun shopping for Jen-mostly grocery items not easily available in China.

It's costume time. Here Heather and I help kids with their costumes, hair styling and makeup. Everyone's excited to go trick or treating.Tanner and his Grandma M put together his pauper costume. It was terrific. Brinley was an Egyptian beauty and Elsie was a ladybug butterfly. She actually scrapped the ladybug and just went for the butterfly. Anna was an Indian princess, Jantzen a football player and Quinn was a Teddy bear. They were all very charming.



Here they pose with both sets of grandparents. How fun for us! I think they liked it okay too.
Quinn loves to wear everybody's shoes but his own. It's challenging to navigate in Aaron's shoes but he doesn't give up. Jantzen is available to assist.

Here Quinn does a Tiffany. His Aunt Tiffany specialized in putting her bowl of food upside down on her head when she was a toddler. Apparently Quinn enjoys this messy activity too. Thanks goodness his hair is so short.
We loved the primary program today. It was so enjoyable watching our grandchildren perform in such an excellent way. Jantzen and Anna did a great job with their speaking parts and Brinley was exceptional as she played the violin. They all sang with enthusiasm and proficiency. It was a delightful program and we are happy that we could be there.







2 comments:

larah said...

How fun to be able to go see your grandkids for Halloween and their primary program! I love the picture of Quinn with his ceral anywhere BUT in the bowl!

Heather said...

Just had some yummy stew for lunch! Thanks again for helping out with the madness on Sunday morning--Elsie is already wondering when you'll come again.