This morning on our way to take Steve to the airport, we got into a car wreck just a couple of blocks from home. Another car turned in front of us at the Winchester/1300 W. intersection. All of the sudden he was just there. The airbag knocked him out and he had a toddler in the back seat who was frightened for a minute but seemed to be fine. We are a little sore and a bit rattled but we are okay. The other driver drifted in and out of consciousness so they took him away in an ambulance. After they left, I noticed a prescription bottle in his console. I notified the police because it was hydrocodone. We don't know if they tested him for drugs or not. He spoke very little English but he did have insurance so that was good. We hope that he is okay. There wasn't any blood and or broken bones that we could see. We weren't going very fast. After taking statements from both of us, the police decided not to cite him. We know we had a green light. He said he had a green arrow.

Luckily for us, Taylor's friend, Trevor, arrived with the pickup within about 20 minutes of the crash. I was scheduled to drop him off at the airport this a.m. too. After they towed the car, then we drove him to the airport. Steve missed his flight so he is rescheduled for tomorrow. It was comforting to have him around today.
This afternoon we went over to the rental and painted a wall and did a bit of other touchup. Later Steve showed the place to two prospects while I did a walk through with some buyers. He came home to an interesting supper of Dutch pancake puffs (poffertjes) with strawberries and whipped cream. He said I didn't need to bother to make them again. The buckwheat flour made them interesting and I'm sure super healthy. Maybe? I kind of liked them so I would be happy to make them for some of you if you are interested. What's not to like about strawberries and whipped cream?

We feel very grateful that things weren't worse today. We felt that we were protected and assisted by divine assistance. We are blessed.
6 comments:
How scary! I am glad you guys are ok.
I am so glad that your accident was not any worse. That is a nerve rattling kind of experience and I am sure you handled it much better than I would have.
Glad you are o.k.
Yikes! Glad you weren't hurt badly and that it was the company car on company business. Could have been a lot worse.
Wow--that's a bit unnerving! Nice Dad could stick around for an extra day...glad you're both okay!
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Glad you weren't hurt.
I am glad you are safe too
Post a Comment