I must say I wasn't expecting a wall plaque for my service as the CRS Education Chairman, but I got one anyway. Steve is eager to hang it up. As for me, I don't really care. The best part is that the year is over and I survived. Next year I will be in charge of the program for 4 breakfasts and someone else is in charge of the classes. Hooray!
Saturday morning we dragged Hilary's family to the local Greek church for their Christmas festival. My dear friend, Marlene, had a booth to display and sell her watercolor artwork which includes cards. They are truly beautiful. Congratulations, Marlene. Hopefully you sold a bunch.
After that we went couponing to get Hilary yarn for knitting her hats and all of us some lunch. We decided after much analysis that we would get more food for our money at KFC instead of the hamburger options. Chicken it is!
After lunch we headed to Desert Star for the matinee performance of "It's a Wonderful Life". Steve's nephew's daughter, was one of the starlets. Cassidy did a great job. She knew all of her lines and even sang a solo. Way to go, Cassidy! We are happy that we were able to see her perform.
When I bought the tickets, they asked if we were celebrating a special occasion. I remembered that Korinne's birthday was coming up so I said yes. I'm not sure the attention was appreciated by Korinne, but in the end who doesn't like to be honored for their birthday? I think she has forgiven me
Happy birthday this week, Korinne!
We are really looking forward to our Thanksgiving celebration at Steve's sister's house. Hope everyone has a fantabulous holiday. We are grateful for you so we will be thinking of all of you who can't be with us. Happy bowling!
3 comments:
Have a happy turkey day!
Thanks for coming to see Cassidy, I know that she totally loved having people in the audience that she knew. Hope you enjoyed the show too. I have seen it so many times now that I think I might have the lines memorized.
Glad that you were able to have such a great time with your kids and grandkids this weekend!
Congrats on your award!
Post a Comment