Sunday, November 13, 2011

There's a lot of sickness going around...

our office.  We are all fine and healthy but during the last week our printers got printertitis.  And much to my frustration and surprise, it is deadly.  Tiffany and I were busily working on my files when both of our office printers, first the black and white workhorse and then the color flyer special, quit on us.  Steve was out of town, but luckily I was able to figure out how to connect my laptop to the fax/printer in his office.  Phew!  We were back at work.  We were grateful that the oldest of the three machines was still  operational.  That printer is over 10 years old.  Well, a couple of days later, that one jammed.  Now it is dead too. 

 Here's our new Costco special.  We now have one printer to do the work of all the others.  All I can say is it has been a sad goodbye.  On the bright side there's a little more room on my desk now. 
Monday night we had family home evening with Abigail and Tiffany.  The time just flew by while they were visiting.  They left the next day to find some sunshine farther south.  

 It was time to prepare for winter around here since we've already had several snow storms.  Steve winterized the lawnmower and prepared the snowblower for service.  We both worked on the flower beds, removing dead flowers and mulching the perennials.  Then I hurried and planted some bulbs and pansies all the while the wind was howling and the light snowflakes were falling.  This next week we will probably have beautiful weather again now that I have finished my gardening chores.  Just my luck!

 Sunday we drove north to have dinner with Hilary's family and pick up my Thanksgiving calendar mailers that she has been preparing for me.  This is the week to get them mailed.  Here I enjoyed a snuggling hug with Jenna and Korinne.  That was worth the drive!

1 comment:

Tiffany Salter said...

So sorry you couldn't get old faithful up and running again! Thanks for such a fun visit. We had a great time and Abigail was very sad to leave. We had some big ol' tears flowing at the airport.