I start celebrating my birthday when February begins and I just continue throughout the entire month. It's impossible to do all the fun things I want to do in just one day so I stretch it out for a month. It works out really well for me. Steve and I started on the lst with a lunch date at the Cheesecake Factory. It's always so busy so we went for a late lunch or "lupper" and it wasn't quite so crowded.
On my actual birthday, I started out with an early morning visit to the temple. Then later I went to lunch at a cute local place called Food For Thought with most of my siblings-Cathy, Greg, and Steve. Sorry Jackie couldn't join us. We miss her way up in Idaho.
We had a great time and they really spoiled me.
I had numerous calls, emails and text messages throughout the day. It was wonderful to visit with all of my kids at various times. Neighbors brought cards and one even left a loaf of homemade bread. Thanks to everyone for making me feel so special. It almost feel guilty for stringing out the celebration but I still have to lunch with my Birthday Girls and do my personal shopping at the clearance sales. It's a great month for that. Valentine's Day kind of gets wrapped in the middle so it's all good.
I'm loving having June, Jen and Will around. They've been busy visiting others too so sometimes I start missing them. Will loves his new Woody and Buzz Lightyear that Jen bought him. He runs around playing with them and jabbering in Chinese. June is a pretty happy girl. She loves to smile. Yesterday, on my birthday, she got her first tooth. Congratulations, June!
1 comment:
I wish I could be there, but I grateful for technology that lets me communicate with you. I am also grateful that I am blessed to be your sister.
Post a Comment