| Dan Liljenquist takes time for a photo op with my friend, Deena and me a few days after the State Republican Convention |
I've blogged, knocked doors, robo called, emailed, visited with friends, associates and families, posted signs, helped at events, passed out campaign literature, and even driven in a parade. Then I re-posted signs after the wind blew them down or away or after opponent zealots removed them. A couple of weeks ago, we had a rather small contingency available to pass out candy and literature in a community parade. We decided to put the signs on Steve's truck to enhance our presence. I was the driver, the teenagers threw out the candy and held the banners, the mature folks handed out literature and signs. Since Dan was attending another parade, Anna, the golden lab was our star. It just goes to prove that everyone and their dog is voting for Dan. She really was a hit and our little group was well received. We were pleasantly surprised to receive so many cheers and so much clapping. We met very few Hatch supporters and a lot of people asked for signs for their yards. It was actually fun!
Anna
I posted over 90 signs. Steve is so happy to have the inside of the truck empty again!
Here's the true hero, Dan's cute wife with their youngest, a 2-yr old daughter. She is the person making the huge sacrifice.
Well tomorrow is the big day - the primary election. If Dan miraculously wins, it will rock the Republican world. That would be awesome! This has been a true grassroots campaign as "Mr. Balanced Budget Amendment" has spent over $10 million dollars to Dan's approximately $800k and all of the establishment politicians have endorsed Hatch except for our state delegation which has remained totally silent. That should say something. Most of the money has come from out of state. I know we have really given our hearts and souls to get Dan the attention he deserves and he has taken it from there. Go Dan!
I have never been so involved in a political campaign. When I was a kid, we helped my Dad campaign by passing out flyers for John F. Kennedy. This is such a critical time for our country. I had to do everything I could to help change the culture of our government so our children and grandchildren can live in the same great country we have been blessed with. This effort has spawn a new blog. If you are interested, you can check out www.Kristenlovesliberty.blogspot.com. Dan Liljenquist is in our prayers.
P.S. If I don't get to attend a victory party, then I will be on the bandwagon for Mia Love vs. Jim Matheson. Jim has long been one of my least favorite nice guy politicians who declares his support for Oblamer. Mia won outright in the convention so she didn't face a primary race.
No comments:
Post a Comment