Saturday, June 16, 2012

Flag Day Week...

It's been a busy week for Hilary's family.  They have passed through our town on their way to and from Adam's Grandmother's funeral and then came back again yesterday to help with the Flag Day Breakfast this morning. They are probably tired of us but we love having them around. I've noticed this week that Korinne likes to decorate her plate.  She likes her food to look pretty.  She said she loved burritos--not so much.  I think that she was hoping for Doritos-something I don't purchase. She ate the strawberries but for a moment her plate looked nice.
 Our annual Flag Day Breakfast turned out to be the best ever.  First of all the weather cooperated 100%.  It was sunny, warm and beautiful.  We were organized and ready when the folks arrived.
 We were proud of our efforts and I think that the cooks, Steve P and Steve K, provided an excellent meal.  It took quite a few of us worker bees to get ready and then clean up afterward.  I will give credit for this years successful breakfast to Steve P., Steve K., Britton, Jenna, Adam and my sister, Cathy, who stopped by without fanfare and helped with Jameson, etc.





 We rented a huge bounce castle and a popcorn machine.  Of course, we had the usual fish pond with prizes too.  Britton and Jenna pretty much ran that this year.  And Steve set up his ipod to play patriotic music.  That was a nice addition.
 At the end of the day, I would say we were pretty tired except for Jameson who was raring to go after a quick nap.  Thanks everyone for making this such a nice event. 

No comments: