Thursday, January 10, 2013

Miracle Upon Miracle

 
Libbie called me on Tuesday morning and said that her doctor scheduled her to have the baby on Thursday morning.  She was to be at the hospital by 4:30 on Thursday morning.  The first miracle was that Steve was able to use frequent flyer points and get me on a flight to S. Carolina the very next day.  It was also pretty amazing that I could arrange my appointments and get things together enough to fly out the next morning.  Steve and I went to the airport together.  I flew East and he flew West.
This is what Libbie looked like on Wednesday night just before she went to bed.  She's wearing her lovely Zofran pump and she is definitely pregnant.
.


 Here is what she looked like the next morning a couple of hours after the baby made his debut.  What a miracle to finally have this precious baby here and have the doctor say, "You have a perfectly healthy baby boy."  After 9 months of extreme illness and worrying whether the baby was getting enough nutrition, what a miracle!  Alexander Jacob, I believe it will be Xander for short, arrived after a miraculously short labor at 9:07 on Jan. 10, 2013, weighing in at 6 lbs. 2 oz. with a length of 19 inches.
 The attending medical staff and doctor were surprised that he was born so quickly and also that he weighed 6 lbs.  They were sure he would top out in the low 5 lb. range.  We are so grateful that all is well.  I am additionally grateful that I was able to make it here in time to take care of Benson and Sadie.  You can see that they are delighted with their little brother.





We have had so many prayers answered in a wonderful way.  Thank you Heavenly Father and all of the attending angels on both sides of the veil.


1 comment:

Jackie said...

So happy that he is here and doing well!