Since my birthday falls near the beginning of the month of February, I like to celebrate throughout the entire month. A couple of my celebrations have had to be postponed this year--my three friends with February birthdays have deferred to March for various reasons and my sibling lunch, changed to brunch was postponed too as both my brothers were sick. My fabulous sister, Cathy, showed up to eat brunch with me. She always gives me the most beautifully wrapped gifts. I tell her she doesn't need to put anything inside. I just love to look at them. I had to look at this one for a week just to enjoy its beauty before I finally saw the treasure inside. Thanks, Cathy. You are the best!!!
Today, Steve and I worked on painting our recently installed beadboard in our second home. It's coming along nicely.
That afternoon, our friend and handy helper, Mike and his wife, Eileen, showed up with the bookcases he is building for our bedroom. He and Steve were able to install the parts he brought. It will take him another trip to finish them up. Eileen and I really enjoyed visiting and catching up with each other's families. It has been a few years since we lived near each other- about 18, I think.
Mike's the worker bee. Steve helped. Here he is supervising with Eileen.
The basement was sheetrocked this week. Here are a couple of pictures of the family room. One shows where the kitchenette will be and one shows the bathroom. It's getting exciting.
It snowed again yesterday and all day today. It was treacherous driving home but we made it safely. I'm so glad Steve is a prudent driver. Cars whizzed past and then later we would see them on the side of the road facing the other direction. Scarey!
This week with Steve in town, we hosted some of our friends for dinner. This was a recent Relief Society presidency I served with. We really clicked as friends and were sad to be released. Our president, Cyndee is in the yellow. On my right is Ka, the author of "Dancing on Broken Glass" and beside her is Pat. We plan to keep our friendship renewed with a dinner every other month. Our husbands are supportive of the idea so we have planned our next evening in April. We're the River Sisters and we have the cutest husbands. We'll take a photo of them next time.
1 comment:
It sounds like party party party in your world. You even make painting and putting in bookcases seem like a fun party. I love it!
Post a Comment