Sunday, February 3, 2013

What Happened to January?

 Soon after I returned from S. Carolina, Heather and Aaron dropped in on their way to California.  It was Heather's birthday so I gave her a cupcake and she gave me a footzone.  Great trade!  I did give them a ride to the airport the next morning  and picked them up again when they returned.  I'm a great shuttle-to-the-airport driver.
 I was able to attend both of my bookclubs this month.  One of our hostesses went all out.  She served fabulous clam chowder with homemade French bread and homemade marshmallows in our hot chocolate.  Her spread was so beautiful, I had to take a picture.

 Steve and I were busy one Saturday insulating the ceiling of the basement in preparation for the sheetrockers to start their work.  We go to bed quite tired when we work at the new place.
 Here's Steve attacking the ice on our front porch on a day that the temperature finally got above freezing.  I have to say that I have shoveled a lot of snow this month.  Yesterday was warm and sunny and we relished in the spring-like weather.
 Here's a cute spot in our new house that is finally coming together.  There is a perfect place for Marlene's painting just above and to the left of the lamp.  I spent quite a bit of time shopping for a rug for the family room and fabric to recover one of our chairs.  We finally made our selections and we are liking the results. 
I've also tromped through the snow a lot showing houses and written some offers this month.  I hope the results will work out well for all my clients.
Yesterday was also my birthday!!! Hooray for birthdays.  I will continue to celebrate all month.  Adam made crepes with Nutella and strawberries  Thanks, Adam.  These were so yummy!
In case anyone is interested, the true groundhog, me, predicts a wonderful spring coming soon!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love that little lamp/table! Thanks for being our shuttle driver and happy birthday once again!

Jackie said...

I am going with your prediction of an early spring. Thanks sister groundhog!!I hate putting in insulation. When we stripped our livingroom down to the log cabin (I wanted to say studs, but old house) Anyway Val made me put the insulation into the walls. I found it to be a very UNenjoyable part of the work. itchey! Great pictures. Can't wait to see the new house even if it isn't in Idaho. sniff sniff