Sunday, February 24, 2013

Texas is Warmer...

 and I am enjoying that aspect of my visit but that is not why I came.  I came while Steve is in Phoenix working for the next month.  I watched for a great price on an airline ticket to Texas and found one.  Unfortunately for Steve, the weather in Texas has been much warmer than the weather in Phoenix.
Friday morning, after we dropped Abigail off at school, Tiffany and I went to Guenther House for breakfast.  They are famous for their waffles, pancakes, etc.  It is a family flour mill started in 1851. They have since added a restaurant and museum and gift shop.

 After browsing in the gift shop and purchasing a few of their yummy mixes, we strolled down the nearby historic district especially the renown King William Street. Here Tiffany stands in front of Abigail's friend's house.

 We also enjoyed our afternoon at the Livestock Show & Rodeo.  We didn't attend the rodeo this year but just enjoyed the exhibits and festivities of the stock show. 


 Abigail loved the petting zoo and posing with the characters.  We got a kick out of this sheep that consistently allowed goats to stand up on its back.  Abigail loved brushing the llamas, wallabies, sheep, goats and deer.  The pigs wouldn't stay still and the deer kept trying to eat her skirt.
 We got a laugh out of the pig races.  Our pig was the red one in last place.  Our pigs did NOT race well.  They were distracted by other things.
 Abigail loves her piano lessons and I love listening to her play.  We both love music.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I love your photographs of food. I think you should work for food magazines. My favorite is the swiftly swine pig races. It made me laugh.