Sunday, May 26, 2013

Carolina in May

 Carolina in May is perfect.  The magnolia's are blooming, the temperatures are warm and the pool and the beach are available for fun.  I hopped on a plane and went to stay with Libbie and the kids in the middle of Jeff's Thailand school tour.  I was hoping to ease the pain of his absence and help Libbie catch up on some sleep at night by getting up with Xander.  At the very least, I provided a change and a distraction for the kids.  I was able to help at church, help out at night take the kids to the pool and do a little birthday shopping with Liberty.  Her birthday comes up this week.  Happy Birthday, Liberty!
 Xander is on the small side, but oh so cute, alert, and full of smiles a lot of the time.  He can get grumpy if he doesn't get enough sleep.  So we worked hard to keep him fed and let him nap.
 Saturday night, Liberty's friend hosted a birthday party and invited several families.  She had lots of activities for the kids including a jump house, cotton candy, cooking decorating and a dance contest.  While others were dancing, I got to hold and care for Xander.  I enjoyed seeing everyone have so much fun.  It was a nice evening.


 Here's the birthday girl, Jackie, admiring all of Sadie's fancy cookies.  Sadie ate cookies all week. 




 Here's Sadie leading the music for family home evening.  Benson was always in charge of finding and reading the scriptures.

 There was a special night for locals at the Carolina Opry so we left Xander with Libbie's friend and took Sadie and Benson to the performance.  It was 2 1/2 hours of excellent singing and dancing.  Everyone was tired but it was a very fine show.  We liked it a lot!




 Here's a picture of Xander that shows the dimple in his cheek.  His smile is soooo cute.
 The morning I left, Libbie, Xander and I took a short walk on the beach.  It was beautiful and not at all crowded first thing in the morning.  Even on that short walk, Libbie found 5 or 6 shark teeth.  It is amazing how their family members can spot those tiny things in the sand.  I don't have that ability.
 I was sad to leave before Jeff arrived home, but he did make it back the next day. 


1 comment:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Thanks so much for coming! I really enjoyed your company and the extra help at home!