It feels like we have been moving for months. Oh, that's right. We have been. We started painting the new house right after Thanksgiving and moving some things in gradually up there. We moved a couple of loads from Idaho when we visited there. Then we put our house on the market and got serious about moving more things. When we sold it and passed our inspections, we really stepped up the program--removing pictures, and smaller furniture and of course, food storage. A couple of weeks ago, after I returned from Pennsylvania and Steve returned from S. Carolina, we really started moving things to our rented condo in the valley.
Hilary, Adam and the kids came down for a soccer game and stayed over night to help--especially with the files and the office. The next week Heather and the kids came to the dentist and they helped move food storage and a lot of the decor.
Last Friday we scheduled a moving truck and rented some muscles with arms and legs and moved our big furniture items. We dropped off file cabinets, beds and a couch at the condo and then Steve drove the truck up north to the house. Adam had a couple of friends help us unload. The weather was perfect and all went well.
We busily spent Saturday putting together shelves for the storage room and earnestly unpacking lots of boxes. Back at the condo, we put beds together and put things away. It looked cozy but cute. Sunday night we spent our first night in the condo.
Monday morning Steve flew out to Florida for corporate meetings. I seriously tried to keep clients happy and still move the rest of our stuff to the condo, cancel or transfer services, etc. Many thanks to Steve Kerr, the master cleaner of the universe, for his help these last two days. In spite of a nasty cold, he worked tirelessly helping us with the final cleaning.
This afternoon, we signed the papers to sell our house. Two hours later, it was recorded into the new buyers' names. Three hours after that we locked up our beautiful, shiny clean home and drove away for the last time. Whew! It's over. Now we will work on finishing the organizing of our two separate living places. Hope this works out well! We are on to our next adventure.
3 comments:
Glad that's behind you now - closed and done. I know it's been a lot of work!
I was feeling bad about not sending a mother's day card...but it just dawned on me that I wouldn't know where to actually send it. Wouldn't be the first time. Haha.
Happy Mother's Day!
So...did you sell the condo by us? Are you living in Logan? I am so confused. I have been reading your blog trying to figure it all out, but maybe just asking you is the best solution. Too bad we don't see you guys more often and then I would probably be less confused....Happy moving?....
Post a Comment